Thursday, March 15, 2007

Quaint little village in the middle of Paris.


What is interesting about Paris is that in the middle of this huge urban jungle, there are little quaint areas like this that are nestled away far from the typical touristy locations. This little neighborhood, known as the Square des Peupliers, is located south of Place d'Italie in the southern 13th Arrondissement. These little houses are currently owned by a people who are "intellectuals and other liberal professions" and are very proud of their vegetation. The locals are known to refer to this area as the countryside. And with the relative calm, it is not hard to imagine oneself in the countryside.

7 comments:

amikaberidze said...

Nice place!

Blackspecs said...

Hey Mister ,
why don't we organise little walks to the places you review?! I am sure we could get a little movement going .......and i'll bring the dog!

Kenneth Johnson said...

Definitely sounds like a plan. ;) :D

Where shall we go next?

holly said...

Kenny!

I look forward to many a wasted hour to be spent on this area. Pictures too? You are so crafty.

- the canary

holly said...

and by "on" I meant "in" and by "in" I mean reading your blog and by blog I mean...

forget it. retard.

Kenneth Johnson said...

That gives me the idea of visiting the catacombs. I'll take a canary with me, so I don't run into any unexpected gas pockets. ;) :D

Anonymous said...

Great work.