Thursday, January 24, 2008

Where have I been?

For those of you who still bother to check back here, you've noticed that I haven't posted for ages. Partly I have been too busy (balancing basically 3 part time jobs recently - Berlitz which pays shit, teaching for the Navy which pays well but I won't see a check for months, and my research which doesn't pay). Partly, I haven't had anything really interesting to post. Little money or time to do anything worth writing about. Partly, I haven't felt like posting.

It is the job hunting season again. Things have gone a bit better, I've had 3 interviews (1 by phone, two at the AHA conference). Basically for the phone interview I know I haven't been picked (it has been nearly 2 months since the interview) and the other two I'm waiting. The list of rejection letters are slowly accumulating at home...... I will continue to plug away, but it is extremely depressing and demotivating.

France is also depressing. I need to escape! Help me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you applied to UTA? Because that is where I go to school, and it would be aweseom if I ate lunch with a professor. ;-)