Friday, May 30, 2008

Hallelujah


After two stressful and deceptive years of looking for a position, I have had the great fortune to be offered two jobs! Both 1-year visiting assistant professorship, one at Texas Tech, the other at the US Military Academy at West Point. At Texas Tech, I could have taught any French history course I wanted, while at West Point I'll be teaching just Western Civ and Latin American History.

After much careful consideration, I opted to accept the offer from West Point for a number of reasons including prestige, salary, location. It also includes a number of bonuses like paid moving, federal benefits, possibility of student loan repayment, etc. Also, there is also a good possibility that this 1-year contract can be extended.

As we'll only be about an hour from NYC, I hope everyone will come to visit.

No comments: